- 1 Full Form of ICU
- 2 List of Equipment at An ICU , some of which are as follows:
- 3 List of injuries and illnesses that require special treatment in ICU:
- 4 Conclusion
Full Form of ICU
The Full form of ICU is “Intensive Care Unit.“
The Full form of ICU is Intensive Care Unit. An intensive care unit (ICU), also known as an intensive therapy unit or critical care unit (CCU), is a special department of a hospital or health care facility that provides intensive care, treatment, therapy and medicine who are critically ill and life threatening condition . ICU provides intensive care medicines and life support to patients suffering from a serious injury, disease or illness. Intensive care units look after those patients who need constant and deep monitoring support from equipment and by a team of specialized doctors and nurses.
This specialized doctor team is trained in the care of critically ill or severely injured patients. If required as per the patients condition can be transferred directly in ICU from an emergency department in the hospital .
In ICU It is usually done if the condition of the patient deteriorates constantly. An ICU is equipped with several medical equipments, such as; Mechanical ventilators, Dialysis equipment , External pacemakers, Syringe Pump, Infusion Pump, Electrocardiogram, Defibrillator, Anesthesia Machine, Blood Warmer, Patient Monitor, Feeding tubes, suction tubes etc.
Some of the major serious injuries and illnesses that require special treatment in ICU are severe heart problems like heart attack, extreme low and high blood pressure, breathing problem due to asthma or complicated pneumonia, Major accidental cases which need immediate major surgery and immediate action, patients in Coma, liver problems and kidney failure cases which requires dialysis, after a major surgery.
List of Equipment at An ICU , some of which are as follows:
A mechanical ventilator is a machine that helps a patient breathe (ventilate) when he or she cannot breathe on his or her own for any cause or any illness
In medical terms, dialysis is the process of removing excess water, solutes, and toxins from the blood in those people whose kidneys can no longer do these work naturally.
Cardiac stimulation is done by providing a pulse of electrical current through the electrode catheter from an external pacemaker (stimulator) to the cardiac surface. .
A syringe pump is a pump commonly used to deliver precise and accurate amounts of fluid in high-impact research environments ranging in fields from chemistry to neuroscience.
An infusion pump is a medical device that delivers fluids, such as nutrients and medications, into a patient’s body in controlled amounts.
ECG ( Electrocardiogram)
An electrocardiogram (ECG ) is a test that checks how your heart is functioning by measuring the electrical activity of the heart. With each heartbeat, an electrical impulse (or wave) travels through your heart. This wave causes the muscle to squeeze and pump blood from the heart.
- COVID-19 Full form , Full form of COVID-19 ,What does COVID-19 Stand for ?
- SARS Full form, What is the Full form of SARS [What is the meaning of SARS
Defibrillators are devices to restore a normal heartbeat by sending an electric pulse or shock to the heart. They are used to prevent or correct an arrhythmia, a heartbeat that is uneven or that is too slow or too fast.
The anesthesia machine is a medical device used to generate and mix a fresh gas flow of medical gases and inhalational anesthetic agents for the purpose of inducing and maintaining anesthesia.
Blood warmer is a device used to warm blood or any other fluids, minimizing the risk of hypothermia. Blood is kept under refrigerated for the preservation of the cells. It is essential to warm it to an appropriate temperature not only to prevent hypothermia but also to prevent hemolysis, or breakdown of the blood cells
A patient monitor is an electronic medical device that consists of one of more monitoring sensors, a processing component(s), and a screen display (also called a “monitor“) that provide and record for medical professionals a patient’s medical vital signs (body temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate and respiratory
Feeding tubes, suction tubes etc.
Feeding tubes are alternative ways to enter the gastrointestinal system while bypassing the mouth. Feeding tubes are used for children and other patients who need additional help to gain weight or protect them from complications from oral feeding, and to ensure that the child receives enough fluids to stay adequately hydrated. These tubes also provide options to give medications when a child can’t or won’t take them by mouth
- SSC Full Form , What is the full form of SSC ?
- MLA Full Form, What is the Full form of MLA ?
- PWD Full form , What is the Full Form of PWD ?
- GIF Full Form , What is the Full form of GIF? What is GIF ?
List of injuries and illnesses that require special treatment in ICU:
- Severe heart problems like heart attack, extreme low and high blood pressure.
- Breathing Problem in respiratory system due to asthma or complicated pneumonia.
- Major Accidental cases which need major surgery and immediate action asap.
- Patients in Coma.
- Major organs failure Liver problems and Kidney failure cases which requires dialysis.
- After a major surgery.
So the The Full form of ICU is Intensive Care Unit
I hope all of your doubts related to ICU full form and all necessary basic information about ICU have been cleared. If you have any other Doubts and corrections related to this topic kindly make sure to ask us in the Comment section and if you like this topic kindly share with your friends on Facebook twitter and WhatsApp.
Related Post : –
- CPS Full form, Full form of CPS, All full form of CPS?
- OLT full form , Full form of OLT , What is OLT ?
- ACF full form, What is the full form of ACF? What is ACF ?
- NDA Full form , What is the full form of NDA [All About NDA ]
- CRPF Full Form , What is the Full Form of CRPF ? [All About CRPF ]
- MBBS Full Form , What is the Full form of MBBS ? [All about MBBS]
- PhD Full Form , What is the Full form of Ph.d [ Brief detail ]
- ATM Full Form , What is the full form of ATM along with Brief Detail ?
- UPSC Full Form ,What is the full form of UPSC?